8 Source, 8 Zone Controller Amplifier Streamer
All MCA-Series products are Ethernet enabled devices allowing for IP based features and control. RIO (Russound I/O) allows Russound IP based control systems to integrate with, control, and communicate bi-directionally through an open protocol. In addition to dedicated keypads and touchscreen control options, the free MyRussound App (iOS and Android) controls all Russound Ethernet connected products on the LAN including the MCA-88X and its source components.
The MCA-88X features 6 zones of high quality amplification, providing a robust 40 watts of power per channel. All eight zones are equipped with fixed or variable line-level outputs for outboard amplification, wireless expansion or subzone use. Additionally, an RS-232 port for integration with serial-connected home automation systems is available for utilization on the rear panel of the MCA-88X.
Custom audio settings, party modes, do not disturb, source and zone linking, and all-on/all-off participation are standard features. The MCA-88X has alarm and sleep timers, a Home Theater trigger and one 12VDC trigger output for power management and control. Source eight can serve as a paging input for connection to a 3rd party paging or phone system.
With Russound keypads or touchscreens, the MCA-88X communicates vital information such as preset names, station ID, artist, song titles and album art depending on the capabilities of the source being used. The simpler SLK-1 keypad can also be used for areas where basic control is sufficient such as entry/exit areas of a home or business or any area where the MyRussound App might be the predominant control interface.
Note: This product is part of the Russound Certified Installer Required Program and can only be installed and configured by a Russound Certified Installer.
- 6 Amplified Zones @40W/ch
- Fixed/Variable Line Out for All Zones
- Up to 8 Line-Level Stereo Inputs, 3 Digital Coaxial and 1 Optical
- RS232 and IP Controllable
- Voice Control is available using Amazon Alexa
- 6 Routed IR Outputs, plus 1 Global IR Output
- Home Theater 12v Trigger In/Out for Shared Sources
- Global 12v Trigger Output
- Removable Screwless Speaker Connectors
- Expandable to up to 48 Zones
- Supports Bluetooth® with Optional BTC-1X
- Paging System Support with Dedicated 12v Trigger Input
- Supports KNX® with Optional KNX-RIO-1
- Rackmountable with Rack Mount Ears Included
- Two-Year Limited Warranty
- Audio Output(s): 6 Speaker Level 40W/ch (8 Line Level, fixed or variable selectable)
- Streaming Sources: 1 XStream Streamer includes Apple AirPlay, Pandora, SiriusXM, SiriusXM for Business, Spotify, TuneIn, vTuner, DLNA
- Audio Source Inputs: 8 stereo RCA Line-Level, 3 coax, 1 optical (maximum of 8 total inputs)
- Communication Ports: USB (firmware update only) 1 Serial RS-232, 19.2 kHz baud rate 1 Ethernet RJ-45, 10/100 Base T 2 RJ-45 RNET Links In/Out
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 1 dB at 1W output into 8 ohms
- Fuse Rating: 100-120V/T5.0A 250V US and Canada 220-240V/T3.15A 250V International
- Home Theater Trigger Input: In/Out, 12VDC (pass-through)
- IR Outputs: 6 routed, 1 common
- Keypad Ports: 8 RJ-45 T568A Standard
- Paging Trigger: In, 12VDC
- Power Output: 40W RMS into 8 ohms x 12 channels
- Power Supply: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz (MCA-88) 220-240 VAC, 50Hz (MCA-88i)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 93 dB unweighted, 96 dB A-weighted
- Speaker Connection(s): 6 detachable 4 pole connectors
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.05%, 1W output into 8 ohms 20Hz-20kHz