Multizone Controller Amplifier 4 Source 4 Zone ( CA4 ) – Russound
Russound’s CA4 Multizone Controllor Amplifier offers control of a four-zone, four-source multiroom audio system at an entry-level price. Engineered to partner with any home, the CA4 provides a slim profile chassis and elegant wire management solution for an attractive installation in either an entertainment center or equipment rack.
Designed for easy installation and use, it features a rack-mountable 1U chassis, Class D digital amplifiers, an RS-232 port for connection to home automation and control equipment, a 12 VDC mute trigger input, and a 12 VDC trigger output. The CA4 also features source grouping, all on, all off, and “party mode”. Systems are scalable to support up to two CA4 controllers linked to make an eight-zone system with four sources.
To speed up wiring and reduce clutter, the CA4 Multizone Controllor Amplifier uses an innovative Wall port to connect the Controller to the network of wiring that runs throughout the home. Four CAT-5 cables connect the CA4 to the wall port. From the wall port, CAT-5 and speaker wiring is run to each zone. This design allows a home to be pre-wired and tested before the CA4 and source equipment is installed.
For system control, the CA4-KP keypad lets you select between four sources and adjust bass, treble and loudness. The keypad is also used to set source grouping, all on, all off, and party mode. The CA4-RC learning system remote is designed exclusively for the CA4 and provides complete source control through IR pass through.
The new CA4 provides advanced system features and easy to use controls at a price that makes multiroom audio luxury affordable.
- Four-source/four-zone controller, 30 watts per zone, CAT-5 connectivity and rack mountable for flexibility and convenience
- Connect two controllers for eight zones, fixed and variable outputs allow for external amplification for larger zones
- Adjustable bass, treble, loudness, “party mode” and “all off” for total control from keypads
- Includes RS-232 port for integration with home automation systems
- CAT-5 connectivity between unit and wall port make for easy installation
- Newly designed controller with keypads available in five Decora colors, for an elegant and practical solution
- Shipping Dimensions 20.3″ (W) x 7.5″ (H) x 11.4″ (D) / (51.4 x 19.1 x 29.0 cm)
- Shipping Weight 11.4 lbs (5.2 kg)
- Audio Output(s) 4 speaker level (8 ohms)
- Audio Source Inputs 4
- Common IR Port 1
- Communication Ports RS232 port
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Input Impedance 50 kohms
- Line Audio Outputs 2 (Fixed and Variable) (Zone 4 only)
- Max Source Audio Input 2.3 Vms
- Power Supply VAC 100V to 240V @50-60Hz 110W (Auto Select)
- Routed IR Ports 4
- Trigger Input(s) 12VDC
- Trigger Output(s) 12VDC 100 mA Max
- Wall Port Ports 4
- Watts per channel 15